What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate with at least 5+ years of professional experience in UX, with a good eye for UI as well. The ideal candidate will also be passionate about the behavioral sciences and genuinely curious about how they can be applied to create impact through digital products. Key attributes of the ideal candidate include:
- Experience: you have 5+ years experience sitting at the intersection between UX, strategy and design and have demonstrated repeated successes in connecting these worlds to create and improve digital products.
- Communicating UX rationale: Since part of the role will be client-facing, you should also have experience interfacing directly with senior clients and be able to effectively articulate the UX rationale behind certain decisions.
- Master of Tools: You master tools such as Figma, Sketch, Illustrator
- UX Design Expertise: you have a strong portfolio of digital products designs (mockups, wireframes, journeys) and experience creating or extending user-centric design systems
- Strategic Design Approach: you have a deep understanding of user personas, customer journey mapping and applying behavioral science to make both of these more evidence-based.
- Research Focus: you are able to move your ego aside and understand that the most successful solutions are not based on ideology but on a combination of empathy, pragmatism and evidence-based iteration.You have experience verifying design concepts with users in quantitative and qualitative research designs such as usability tests, focus groups and surveys.
- Culture: you are comfortable working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
- You have specific experience working in the health space, or designing with specific populations or groups in mind (e.g. youth, older populations, designing for equity).
- You have a graphic or visual design background. We’ve found visualizing complex ideas, stories, and processes in a compelling way important for advocating for change with our clients
- You have experience verifying design solutions with a co-design driven research approach.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
About the role
- 6m contract role with the possibility of renewal and/or permanent position
- Remote position (with at least 80% overlap with Montreal timezone)
Do you feel like this role is right for you? If so, please send the following to email@example.com.:
- your CV and cover letter and
- your portfolio
- ONE example of a past project you are proud of – to help us understand why this would be a good fit