Your privacy is important to us.
A. HOW THE DECISION LAB COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be processed by The Decision Lab in the Canada.
The Decision Lab collects information about you in the following ways:
Information you voluntarily provide The Decision Lab.
The Decision Lab collects and maintains information that you voluntarily submit to The Decision Lab during your use of the website and services. For example:
- When you register for the newsletter or download any content, certain provided information to The Decision Lab will be required such as your name and email address.
- When you post content on the website and information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, profile information and/or picture. This information is always public, which means it is available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
- If you access the website and/or services through a social media or other service or connect the website and/or services to a social media or other service, the information The Decision Lab collects may also include your user ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, any information or content you have permitted the social media service to share with The Decision Lab, such as your profile picture, email address or friends lists, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. When you access the website and/or services through social media services or when you connect the website and/or service to social media services, you are authorizing The Decision Lab to collect, store, and use such information and in accordance with this Policy.
- You may provide The Decision Lab with personal information in the course of requesting case studies and/or any other information from The Decision Lab.
Information The Decision Lab collects through your use of the website.
As you use the website and services, certain information may also be passively collected. Through cookies, pixels, beacons, log files and other technologies, The Decision Lab may collect information about how you use the website and the services.
B. HOW THE DECISION LAB USES YOUR INFORMATION
The Decision Lab may use your Personal Information in the ways described below or described at the time that the information is collected.
In general, The Decision Lab uses your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate for purposes including, but not limited, to:
- Respond to inquiries or requests in connection with the website;
- Fulfill your requests for products or services;
- Send communications and administrative emails about the website and/or services;
- Personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the website and Services for your use;
- Send you website and/or service-related communications, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of service-related e-mails.
- Send you newsletters and other messages, including changes to features of the website and/or service and special offers that you may opt out of by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
- Improve the quality of the website and the services; and
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the website and services.
C. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES (E.G., COOKIES)
The Decision Lab may use tacking technologies to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with the website and services. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the services, such as pages you have visited, the written and other content you have viewed. The Decision Lab does not store Personal Information in any cookies on your computer.
Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s directions within the help tab. In order to use certain services offered through the website, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Site or Service may not work properly, and you may not be able to access the website and/or services.
An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. The Decision Lab may use your IP Address when you access the website or services or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted messages.
D. HOW THE DECISION LAB DISCLOSES INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
The Decision Lab may disclose and release your Personal Information to government representatives: (a) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (b) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to The Decision Lab’s system or network, or in any cases in which The Decision Lab believes it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, illegal conduct or a violation or alleged violation of this Policy or other agreement The Decision Lab may have with you.
The Decision Lab may provide your Personal Information to service providers who work on its behalf or help The Decision Lab to operate The Decision Lab’s business, the website and the services. Examples of such service providers include vendors and suppliers that may provide The Decision Lab with technology, services, and/or content for sending email, analyzing data and research. Access to your Personal Information by these service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform its limited function.
E. ACCESS AND CONTROL
You may decline to submit Personal Information through the website and/or service, in which case the website and/or service may not be able to provide certain services to you.
The Decision Lab offers you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive communications from The Decision Lab, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive.
The Decision Lab is not responsible for updating or removing your Personal Information contained in the lists or databases of third parties who have been provided information as permitted by this Policy.
If you have any questions regarding privacy or this policy, you may contact The Decision Lab as follows: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
By accessing the website at https://thedecisionlab.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Accuracy of Materials
The materials appearing on The Decision Lab’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Decision Lab does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. The Decision Lab may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However The Decision Lab does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The website may link to websites operated by third parties that The Decision Lab does not control. The Decision Lab does not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. The Decision Lab encourages you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by The Decision Lab through the website or services and does not apply to these third party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the website or services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify The Decision Lab’s endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations or their content.
In addition, The Decision Lab is not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including in connection with any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties (Express or Implied)
The materials on The Decision Lab’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. The Decision Lab makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, The Decision Lab does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. Finally, materials posted on The Decision Lab are often created by third parties. We do not take responsibility for the content posted, and their views do not necessarily represent our own.
In no event shall The Decision Lab or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Decision Lab’s website, even if The Decision Lab or a The Decision Lab authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (in this case, information) on The Decision Lab’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
1. Modify or copy the materials;
2. Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
3. Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Decision Lab’s website;
4. Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
5. Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Decision Lab at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The Decision Lab reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless The Decision Lab advises you otherwise. Your continued use of the website or services after this policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the policy, as amended. The Decision Lab encourages you to bookmark this Web page and review this policy regularly.